This Creamy Italian Pasta Casserole is rich, flavorful and absolutely delicious! It is comprised of the most flavorful creamy Italian sauce, sausage and cheese. This is one crowd pleasing meal that is sure to become a new regular in your home!
I love casseroles. Most meals I make revolve around a casserole. They are so easy to throw together and are packed with yummy ingredients. This Creamy Italian Pasta Casserole is loaded with delicious creamy sauce, seasoned sausage, juicy tomatoes and a flavor that will knock your socks off.
This will definitely be a recipe I revisit again! I love that it is basically a meal all unto itself and comes together quickly. It received rave reviews all around from my family.
Creamy Italian Pasta Casserole
- 1 pound penne pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 (15 ounce) cans of stewed tomatoes
- 3 (0.7 ounce) packages of Italian dressing mix
- 1 pound cooked hot sausage
- 2 cups shredded Asiago cheese
- 1½ cups shredded Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs
- ½ cup shredded Asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with vegetable spray.
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, bring half and half, heavy cream, red pepper flakes, and pepper to a soft boil.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Add tomatoes, Italian dressing mix, and sausage.
- Remove from heat and stir in 2 cups Asiago cheese, and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
- Add pasta and mix well.
- Spoon in prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine melted butter, bread crumbs and ½ cup Asiago cheese and mix well. Sprinkle over the casserole.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until hot all the way through.