By Carol Wolfenbarger
President, McDowell Hospital
Excitement is constructing at Mission Hospital McDowell as we put together to open our model new facility! As we strategy this extraordinary milestone, I need to share vital details about key hospital service areas, adjustments in visitors circulation and parking format, and wayfinding inside the new facility.
- When the brand new facility quickly opens, the brand new Emergency Department (ED) can be situated on the opposite aspect of the brand new facility. Until demolition of the present facility and building of the flat parking space is accomplished (anticipated by July 2018), there can be no rapid parking obtainable on the ED aspect. Parking for the ED will proceed to be situated alongside the left-hand drive and can be marked with indicators.
- To entry the Emergency Department, please use the sidewalks in entrance of the brand new facility and enter the Emergency Entrance (Entrance 1). Additionally, a brief drop-off level for the ED can be situated within the Ambulance Entrance, accessed by taking the right-hand drive.
- There are 4 entrances to the brand new hospital:
- Entrance 1 – ED: The Emergency Department entrance can be accessible by the sidewalk in between the outdated and new services, or from the ambulance drop-off space;
- Entrance 2 – Main: The Main Entrance can be for sufferers accessing outpatient companies akin to imaging (x-ray), lab, infusion, and cardiopulmonary companies. Patient registration is prominently situated at this entrance to your comfort.
- Entrance 3 – Clinics: This entrance, often known as Mission Health Center-McDowell, can be for our Clinics and for sufferers having surgical procedures. Clinics opening within the new Mission Health Center-McDowell are Mission Women’s Care, Mission Surgery, Mission Urology, and Cancer Care of Western North Carolina (Tuesdays solely).
- Entrance 4 – MyCare Now: Mission MyCare Now Walk-In Clinic (previously Health Plus) can be opening within the new facility with a devoted entrance. Mission MyCare Now will see sufferers from 7AM till 10PM.
- Immediately upon shifting to the brand new facility, we’ll start our final part of visitors circulation modifications required to finish the demolition of the present facility and assemble the parking space. Parking continues to be obtainable within the again parking zone for all sufferers and guests, and alongside the left-hand drive for the Emergency Department and Mission MyCare Now sufferers. Shuttle Services will proceed to offer help in getting you to your vacation spot.
- To help our neighborhood, we can have employees and volunteers stationed outdoors to assist direct sufferers and guests. Be looking out for adjustments to our wayfinding signage as properly.
We can’t wait to unveil the brand new Mission Hospital McDowell and the considerate design that can extra totally accommodate sufferers by offering much more comfort and luxury.
We know that we are going to be taught loads throughout the first two months of opening, and your enter can be invaluable throughout this era. Thank you upfront to your persistence as we make this vital – and optimistic – transition.